Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What to do with short stories

What do you do with short stories? They are fun to write but not many places to publish. And hardest of all to find a place to publish are the illustrated children's stories especially if one can't draw.

Even the books suitable for children, eight to twelve, have line drawings. Haven't I drooled over some of the Anne of Green Gable books and Gilbert Blythe, that romantic youth of my childhood. It was a little dashing to the romantic soul that he and Anne produced six children.

So instead of allowing my children's stories to moulder in a bottom drawer, I've decided to publish them with the help of Kindle, Smashwords and a few photographs. Maybe not the sales of the Anne books but nevertheless out there.

I pulled out The Rainbow Children who helped Edna Echidna find a new home. The Boy who told Fibs who couldn't stop telling whoppers before the event of a little brown man. Sam, a budding author, shocks his newfound friends, Sebastian and Emma, with the picture of a docodile. I even have a book cover created by my good friend, Wendy. So look out there among all the rest for my book.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting another lovely book out there. I wish you every success Laurel. I'm glad you are happy with the cover. I think you chose a great background picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Laurel, and Wendy, Great cover! The stories sound terrific. I can't wait till the grandkids get a little older. I know they will love this collection. I want to read it to them, now.

    ReplyDelete