Friday, June 15, 2012


 I wrote this poem many years ago.
It was published by Ars Poetica & online
by Poetry Quay. I wonder where those
publications are now.
However, I'm glad to air the poem again. 
I hope you enjoy it. 

VOICES FROM THE PAST

She sent a card
In sympathy for Tom's death
with a note attached.
She had got religion
and wanted to atone
for the affair she and Tom
had in that mining town
forty years ago. 

Our children were in nursery school.
I thought she was my friend
But in preserving
her peace of mind
she has shattered mine.

                           *              *              *

Down load from www.kobobooks.com
Suitable for children 7 - 11 years. Shane, Mitch and Leanna discover an injured cormorant living at the creek. Then they have to protect the creek from the developers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment