Monday, July 9, 2012

Butterflies


I wrote this little poem many years ago after a friend told me about her friend who had an operation for a cancerous breast. When it had healed, she had a butterfly tattooed on the place where her breast had been.
The poem was published in Pandora, a women's magazine. 

Butterflies            

Creatures of sun and light
And dewy mornings.
Brilliant coloured wings fluttering
among flowers in my garden
giving pleasure
to my friend and me
as we drank tea
on the verandah. 

She had a breast removed
and a butterfly
Tattooed on the spot.

            *               *             *

Download Rainbow Children from www.smashwords.com
Jenny, an only child, meets the Rainbow children who live at the end of the rainbow and has an adventure. Plus other short stories suitable for children 4 - 10

No comments:

Post a Comment